Estimated Time Required
One-time installation preparing the way for customer satisfaction.
- Installation and configuration of a supported issue tracking system (e.g. Bugzilla)
- Installation and configuration of a Servlet container (e.g. Tomcat)
- Addition of a role to the Servlet container to allow access to the Bugs Dashboard Wizard -or- removal of the security on the Wizard. If using Tomcat, the tomcat-users.xml file should be updated to include the following roles:
12<role rolename="bugs_wizard"/><role rolename="bugs_administration"/>
1<user username="bhamilton" password="34c2fbe131e7d9b8ae9871f6d3590054c8cabb23" fullName="" roles="bugs_administration,bugs_wizard"/>1<security-constraint>
- Download and unzip the bugs.zip file
- Open the directory that was created by unzipping the files.
- You can either (a) move the bugs.war file into your Servlet container’s deployment directory (e.g. webapps) and restart your Servlet container or (b) deploy the bugs.war using the Tomcat Manager.
- After the deployment is complete (i.e. Tomcat has restarted or the Tomcat Manager has successfully deployed the war file), open the Installation Wizard from /bugs/wizard (assuming you deployed “bugs”).
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete the Installation Wizard (see the Installation Guide which ships with each version and is located in the /docs directory of the folder created when you unzipped the files for explanations of each step).
- After you have clicked Submit on the last step of the Installation Wizard, you will be presented with a button which you can click to login to Bugs Dashboard. Alternatively, you can also use /bugs/login.
- To configure unique dashboards for your use, use the Admin interface (e.g. /bugs/admin) and see the Administrator’s Guide which also ships with each version.